A COURSE ON TIBETAN
On invitation of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, Doctor Thubten Phuntsog
has spent three months in 1998 in Italy as a guest of the
Institute and of the Dzogchen Community to teach Tibetan
Phuntsog, born in eastern Tibet. is presently professor at the
Department of Tibetan Studies of the Central University of Peking
where he teaches Tibetan medicine, astrology and astronomy and other
disciplines related to Tibetan culture. He is the author of numerous
books and publications.
The course of medicine, organized by the Shang-Shung Institute,
will tast three years and covers thefundamentals of Tibetan medicine
on the basis of the Four Tantras, dealing particularly with
physiology, the nature of diseases and how to prevent and treat them
according to Tibetan medical science. The course is directed to
anyone wishing to deepen the knowledge of oneself to understand how
to keep and improve one's health and to know the relationship between
inner and outer energies. The Shang-Shung Institute will provide a
certificate of attendance.
PROGRAM OF THE
The length of the studies 2 months
- History of Medicine Science.
- Introduction into Four Elements.
2. Explanation's Tantra.
- 2.1. Physiology of the body.
- 2.2. Body's model (structure).
- 2.3. The nature of existence of the body.
- 2.4 Definition of the Body.
- 2.5. Parts of the body and functions.
- 2.6. Destruction of the body.
- 2.7. Clarification of the understanding through introduction
- three aspects: channels, centers and winds (rtsa thig riung)
- 2.8. Short discourse on the training of the body and mind'
- 1. The (primary) cause of the illness.
- 1.2. The (secondary) conditions of the illness.
- 1.3. The ways how the illness begins.
- 1.4. Definition of the illness through three aspects of
- exhausting and disbalance.
- 1.5. Classification of the illness' types.
- 1.6. Methods of healing the illnesses: the way of behavior
- 1.6.1. Permanent behavior.
- 1.6.2. Behavior in accordance with the time.
- 1.6.3. Behavior in accordance with the situation.
- 1.7. Training of the bod" and mind.
The length of the studies 2 months.
- I. Taste (capacity) of the food'
- 2. Classification of the capacities of the food in relation to
- it's categories.
- 3. Methods for distinguishing the taste capacity of the
- 4. Rules for the preparation of the medicine mixtures.
- 5. The way of the accomplishing the analysis of the illness'
- fundamental nature.
- 6. The Doctor's commitments or responsibility.
- 7. Training of the body and mind
Outer (additional) Tantra.
- 1. The method of the investigation of the channels.
- 2. The method of the investigation of the fluids.
- 3. The method of the preparation of ointments.
- 4. The method of the preparation of powders.
- 5. The method of the preparation of the brews.
- 6. The method of the preparation of the tinctures.
- 7. Training of the body and mind'
The length of the studies 2 months.
- Introduction into the herbs. (It would be good if it would
appear the possibility to go to Tibet)
- Introduction into the healing methods of mantras etc.
explained in the khag las hidden Teachings.
- Introduction into the systems of preparation of magical
- Discourse on the harmftil and injuring (gdon rims) influences.
- The Sections on injuring and harming agents (gdon rims)
containing in the teachings of the Essential Instruction's Tantra.
- The Sections on injuring and harming agents containlng in the
teachings of EVAM and others scriptures.
- The Section on the illnesses of the time such as injuring
agents that are clarified in Hidden Teachings of the Big and Small
Vessel of Nectar.
The reason, why we must do research in modern ways on the theory
and practice of that is explained above non-separately with the